Monday, August 30, 2010

sister romantics



(blooming leopold)

I'm just as big a fan of vintage, romantic styling as I am of modern, edgy. These two sisters had to have two of the best blogs on cute and romantic vintage get-ups I'd encountered. I often venture into their blogs for random inspiration.

When I think about what's going on in that small closet I have, it's an eclectic mix of the edgy and romantic. I've a few pieces from the 90s and the 60s/70s, I suppose. I'm kind of looking forward to filling it with pieces that have anything to do with the 60s boheme as it, along with the florals of the 90s, happens to be my favorite decade.

I suppose one trend I'm into these days is the long dresses (the maxi?). I have one in my closet from an aunt I hadn't worn since receiving it. I'll probably bring it out sometime this year. It's predominantly purple with yellow flowers and a bit of brown. Reminds me a bit of a flowery gypsy long dress.

I am not inhibiting my freedom of writing and blog posting today because it's a holiday. The whole family's in and resting from weeks of work and school and such. It's National Heroes day right here and it's as pretty as Sunday...I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment