Wednesday, October 7, 2009

only 'cause today's a wednesday


Shirt, thrifted; Jeans, ZCO; belt, vintage/thrifted; flats, Roxy; hippie band, DIY; necklace, axcess flower sets; earrings, cross earrings from Ukay Queen


It's the second Wednesday of the month of October---or at least I think it is---and thank the heavens we don't have to power dress. It's the dress code implemented by the faculty and admin in our college since the beginning of the school year. The first and last Wednesdays of the month is the time for students of the Education college to power dress. But I don't really have that much clothes in my closet to give myself the professional look.

I think I'm more hippie-vintage-ish more than I am pure vintage. Really.

I bought chords and some silver flower and star beads from KimShoppe about a week or two ago and this resulted:



I couldn't find any ready-made hippie band to my liking so I decided to make my own. Tying it around the back may be difficult at first but it does look fine around the front to the back. I have a few more as I opted to use the natural colors like black, maroon and the light brown pictured here. I've been contemplating adding a silver and a gold hippie band to the collection.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete