Wednesday, September 9, 2009

how do i define me...? fashion-wise

Honestly, I have no idea how to define my identity fashion-wise just yet. I'm enamored by both the contemporary and the vintage. But I think that time will come when I'll indefinitely stay vintage. I get the feeling my fascination with the vintage will overpower my love for the contemporary...or not.

The birthday countdown has officially begun! I'll be a year older in only 9 days!

As a pre-birthday gift, I spotted this in one of my Multiply contacts' sites, Viva Vintage.

(photo from Viva Vintage)

I thought it cute and just had to grab it before anyone else could.

Locally, Viva Vintage is one good source for anything vintage and fab. They're an online store which makes shopping easy when you hardly have time to go down to the thrift stores or malls given a hectic daily schedule.
I found another dress I'd like to have from one other local-based online store I stumbled upon and liked, UkayManila, and I'm considering getting it to jump start my vintage clothing and apparels collection. Perhaps I can get it on or the day before my birthday.

Online shopping helps a lot when I'm stressed out from school work because fabulous finds are just a click away. But nothing still beats traditional shopping, particularly thrift shopping. I'm thinking of hitting thrift shops and ukayans during the weekend. I seriously need a break. Innumerable school work has just begun to rain cats and dogs on me.

I have to say my mother was right. I am in need of another closet. That or simply a dress rack. I wonder if they have anything affordable in stores here.

No comments:

Post a Comment