Wednesday, September 30, 2009

strong, cold winds and sudden climate changes that leave chaos behind


September, for the Philippines, spells cold weather. Winds, in the early morning and in the early to late evening, have become cold recently. And at times like these, I find myself in the coats, jackets and sweaters section of thrift and boutiques. Perhaps it's my mammalian instincts telling me to prepare for the onslaught of cold -ber months' winds.

Typhoon Ondoy struck some areas of the National Capital Region and its neighboring provinces hard up north (Luzon). He came by late last week---and if I'm not mistaken it was a Saturday---and left behind heavily flooded streets where only rooftops and the second or third floors up of establishments could only be seen. As the water slowly subsides, the streets, establishments and residences are revealed to be covered in mud and in complete disorder. Cagayan de Oro experienced the same thing last December and early January this year. I have yet to extend help. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment