Friday, September 11, 2009

that dress from so long ago

I'm almost through cleaning my closet. And with my ever growing dress collection, I think I'm going to need a separate rack. But if I were to get my closet redone bigger and better, I wouldn't mind. That way there'd be more space for the flats, pumps and other footwear. I figure I'll be through cleaning the closet of stand-still clothing articles by tomorrow.

I've been itching to do some thrift shopping (ukay-ukay) since a week ago. I might as well get the courage to do the deed myself to scratch the itch. I prefer to go thrift shopping (ukay-ukay) with friends during the day but I don't mind checking the thrift stalls in Divisoria on my own on late Friday and Saturday afternoons and evenings.

Speaking of thrift shopping, I passed by Applemint Apparel, my current favorite thrift store, earlier today and they were closed. I was on my way to the music school where I currently am learning the piano and the art of classical singing. On random weekdays, I would find them open but really now...Friday and they're closed at past 4 in the afternoon?! Ever I catch them open tomorrow, I'll drop by and see what they have.

Z.ro Collection, dress; Xhilaration, flats; Ydafu, bag; earrings bought from a classmate; from SM Department Store,sunglasses

....and featuring my little brother ahead of me, Nico.

These photos were taken by my father at the airport. I found them absolutely awesome and decided to post 'em even though they were taken a couple months ago.

The dress has been sitting on my closet, gathering dust for years until I recently wore them one February night while frolicking in Cebu with the 3rd year and 4th year SpEd student-teachers from the university. My mother bought it for me on the first family trip out of the country when I was in fifth grade. It works well as a mini now. Good thing I didn't throw it away.

The countdown 'til my birthday is still ongoing and I now officially have 6 days left 'til I get another year older. Apart from moving my savings from the university financial cooperative to a bank, I think that personal holiday merits a trip down to the thrift stores (including Applemint Apparel) for anything vintage. I really should go do something to celebrate the special day (to myself) by doing some shopping. Hopefully school work does not keep me in school much that day. I guess my plan to ditch school for the last time will have to take the backseat, never to be taken into the front seat ever again.

I'm writing this entry on a laptop that's running low on battery. I guess I had better go and take a little nap before doing a mini-marathon on the remaining episodes I have yet to watch of Gossip Girl season 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment