Friday, October 22, 2010

something totally different

Because it's another dull day in my rather boring life, let's talk random. Mostly fashion-related seeing as I meant for this to be a fashion blog. Think of it as a meme that no one really tagged me with.

Recent obsession: boots
I think it's been for quite a while now. It isn't really recent however I'm appalled to know I only have two pairs. Neither are sky-high heeled but they're great to break out in during casual days out with friends and the likes. I suppose it's high time I go back thrifting, hunting on anything vintage. I just might find a few interesting stuff on my usual haunts. It's been...awhile.

(smvblog)
Online shops: Free People and Spanish Moss Vintage
I rave about them on and on and now, thanks to Pobox (and my own paypal) and my freelance writing job, I can actually get a few items off of them. Never mind really that Pobox charges lots for their boxes and their shipping to provincial areas like mine. Cagayan de Oro is far from being provincial, I promise. It's a city. A developing city.
(Rumi for No Magazine)
Photography and fashion/style inspiration: Rumi Neely (fashion blogger)
Love her and her style to death like ba~na~nas! I'm a frequent fashiontoast visitor. I think it's appropriate for such a sunny city as in where I'm currently at. Not loving the fact that I can not layer much even on rainy days and nights like these. I do, though, when I get the chance.

Stylist: Rachel Zoe
I'm a fan. Actually watched a few the Rachel Zoe Project episodes via ETC. One of my favorite shows to death. I think I'm mainly in it for the styling and I love Rachel and little B (Brad). Sweetest tandem ever. People nearest me know me a CSI-junkie but I've also got the glam side of me loving shows like the Rachel Zoe Project. It's a guilty pleasure. You can pretty much tell I'm a fan having read the way I write. Cue: terms like 'to death,' 'I'd die,' and even 'ba~na~nas.' It's all true to Rachel Zoe-language. :P

Let's talk: accessories
Is it crazy I want to have a whole lot of them these days? They do brighten up any outfit sans getting myself robbed in broad daylight for having much of them. The world's a crazy place and where I live in, it's quite the circus. I'm building on them these days, though.

Because I'm just as boy-crazy as the rest of them, boy-crush: Sato Takeru
I mainly love how he's so fashionable (and an amazing actor). You can't distort the fact how he's one of the finest male creatures, too. (And the cutest XD) Ah...uhmn...I go boy crazy too, like the rest of the girls except I don't probably go for the Edward Cullen-y types (like my favorite RZ) sans Rob Pattinson. I'm tougher than that, I think. LOL. Though the vamp sure is hot and Meyer did make it seem he is the ideal guy for girls everywhere. :) But here I go as I carefully mask how I'm not a big Stephenie Meyer/Twilight fan although it's all the rage these days. Yep, I'm not a big fan...nor am I of the movies. How did this become a Twi-discussion?! Let's stick to Sato. Yep, Sato. He stands out unlike any other as what bff Miura Haruma mentions in interviews. You should probably see how I rave about him and some others in the other blog. I'm basically a Jdrama/Jmovie junkie which all started with animes growing up with all boy-uncles (my mum's cousins) in the vast city up north (the National Capital Region which you'd probably know as Manila). I should probably say Q10 is all but loveliness all around. I'm crazy about it.

Other things, you'll be surprised to know I'm a literature junkie hence the distaste for Twilight. What?! Probably a lot of hardcore lit. junkies don't like it. I think I'm the perfect example. I'm a big Harry Potter and JK Rowling fan, though. Want me to start raving? I'm so much more on the books than the movies although I find movie-Ron and book-Ron equally amazing. You probably could tell he's my literature crush. He's too adorkably normal. But I'm a bigger Hermione-Ron fan since book 2.

Hmn...what else is there? I think I'm pretty much out in the open. I'll probably have to do more posts like this. Life has been...pretty boring so far. I think one of my girl friends was even bored with my company when we crashed the mall earlier this week. I'm the most morose of all people when shopping, I think I take it too seriously. LOL. Or maybe I just need to loosen up? Being cooped up at home, freelance writing mostly, drives me crazy as monkeys? I go ba~na~nas a lot these days. And I'm kind of...playing you...or not. This is...well, me. 100% me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment