Sunday, October 17, 2010

talking of rainy season appropriateness

walking in the rain

Right now, all I ever dream about are hooded rain coats or parkas and jackets. When it's the rainy season, they're the things I can't live without seeing I don't really bring umbrellas with me. The folding umbrellas pretty easily get destroyed in a year or even less.

Thermals are the best things around in cold weather, too. It's going to be one rainy season from this month on to January or February next year. I suppose it's the time to bank on all things comfortable for the cold.

Pilgrim Parka, all saints; thermal, freepeople; denim shorts, siwy; tights, modcloth; boots, kurtgeiger.com
playing out after the rain
I'm beginning to see the necessity of the rain- and post-rain appropriate ones. They're best off with thigh highs either way. I don't have a lot of skirts to begin with but I rather fancy the idea of having one of these tough utility mini skirts sans the army green color.

These days, I'm so much into the bigger all-purpose messenger bags. They're the best things for overnights and the likes. You might've seen my post on a similar bag, it's the one bag that's taken a lot of beating. I happen to love it a lot considering I'd got it at an estimated 4-5 USD from my favorite local thrift store (220 Php). I'm still looking for more big bags.

skirt, rue21; tee shirt, Alexander Wang; over the knee sock, warehouse.co.uk; lace up rain boots, freepeople; leather navajo crossbody bag, warehouse.co.uk

Meanwhile, I'm in the process of acquiring stuff for treasurehaunt. I've actually already gotten a couple of things for it. S'pose you should watch out for the next pieces coming out in a week. I've a few interesting rain/cold weather appropriate ones up including the most beautiful white bohemian-ish top with the prettiest crochet details on the sleeves, the tie and the collar area. I've also found one good suede eyelet long-sleeved shirt to pair with anything edgy in the wardrobe like black lingerie. I'm looking forward to add more lace by next week so hmn...looks like this batch is one thing to look out for.

No comments:

Post a Comment